Our Client is the largest privately owned freight carrier in the UK and has built a reputation for reliability and quality of service over the last 25 years. They operate their own logistics network of over 65 UK overnight parcel depots. Their 9-acre central distribution site is well positioned in the heart of the Midlands, operating a manual sortation system with a capacity to handle in excess of 30,000 parcels per night.
Due to a management restructure within the company, they are looking to appoint a Regional Operations Manager for the Northern region of England as well as Scotland. Ideally you will be based in the region and you must have at least three years’ management experience and two years’ logistics industry experience.
Reporting to the Network Operations Director, you will be responsible for the region’s depots with
key areas of responsibility to include:
• Health and Safety
• Full P&L Ownership
• Customer Service
• Driving Labour Efficiency
• People Management
• The Regional Operations Manager will provide effective leadership for 17 depots across the North of England & Scotland region including full line management responsibility for depot managers and delivery partners.
• To be accountable for the P&L including revenue, cost and profitability, you will lead, engage and maximise the expertise of the region to drive results.
• The purpose of the role is to maximise the performance of the region through the effective deployment of resources, the implementation of a culture of change throughout the team and depots, revenue delivery, cost management, people development and engagement.
We are looking for:
• Experience in managing a mobile workforce
• Experience in P&L
• Strong commercial awareness
• Customer service skills
• Problem solving
• Possess a strong aptitude for business development and contract growth with the ability to deliver financial & commercial objectives in line with the business strategies.
• Candidates with experience within the Freight or Parcels sector are advantageous but we will consider similar industries also.
Salary & Package Information:
• £35,000 – £40,000 p/a depending on experience
• Bonus scheme
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive package, 20 days holiday plus statutory and the opportunity to progress in our rapidly expanding company.