From £15 to £18 per hour depends on experience
Our Client is the largest manufacturer of Taste & Nutrition technologies and Functional Ingredients and Actives for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. They are looking to hire: Multi- Skilled Engineer
· Respond to Breakdowns and carry out PPMs
· Carry out regular inspections and safety checks on equipment, building and services.
· Participate in problem solving activities. Electrical and mechanical process trouble shooting.
· Complete electro-mechanical repairs to high speed food processing, handling and packaging equipment.
· Supply technical support for the plant facilities & services including compressed air, steam, refrigeration and effluent plant.
· All repair requirements including services, buildings and grounds.
· Carry out tasks allocated by the Engineering Manager or Supervisor
· Inform Engineering Manager or Supervisor of any issue that cannot be resolved for more than half an hour
· Keep records
Engage with equipment and new technology to ensure the effective operation of the production and services equipment and the resolution of any problems.
· In the event of serious breakdowns, to use the current escalation procedure to notify necessary people.
· To work with the Process Team on new products and processes ensuring they are planned, implemented and reviewed so as to be seamlessly integrated into current processes.
· Partake and when relevant deliver technical training to the production team members with the emphasis being one-point lessons on the key pieces of equipment.
· Spare Parts: to log and record the usage of all spare parts.
Feedback all relevant technical information to production members and to other team members where relevant.
Specific Skill Requirement
Relevant third level engineering qualification or a time served apprenticeship in a high volume, highly automated manufacturing environment
HND or Degree in Engineering
Proven experience in a high volume, highly automated manufacturing environment
Specialisation in electro- mechanical, automation & control.
Excellent written and spoken English
An understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing.
An understanding of all the equipment within the production stream.
This will initially be on a temp to perm position.