Daventry (NN11), Daventry
· £29,000 per annum
We are looking for a HGV Fitter for one of our prestigious client in Daventry.
To ensure that company fleet is serviced, maintained and repaired in accordance with Operators
Licence requirements. To give an efficient and cost effective service to the Department.
· Inspection, service and repair of all fleet items to a professional standard as per workshop procedures and VOSA tester’s manuals.
· Preparation of vehicles for annual tests.
· Road test vehicles and certify roadworthiness.
· Completion of written and electronically inputted timesheets, job cards and other documentation as required within procedural deadlines to the standards required by VOSA.
· Ensuring work is carried out efficiently and speedily to minimise vehicle downtime and maximise workshop income.
· Attend breakdowns within normal working hours and outside normal hours call outs when on rota.
· To be available for call outs as part of the workshop call out roster.
· Ensure good relations with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
· To provide sickness and holiday cover as required.
The duties listed are not exhaustive and may be varied therefore the post holder will be expected to undertake other duties as appropriate to the role and as requested by his/her line manager.
Essential / Desirable
· City & Guilds Part 3 in motor vehicles studies. – Essential
· Category C Driving Licence. – Essential
· IRTEC registered. – Desirable
· City and Guilds full technical certificate in motor vehicle studies. – Desirable
· Excellent knowledge of vehicle maintenance standards required for HGV operation. – Essential
· Working knowledge of Health and Safety and its impact in vehicle repair operations – Essential
· Knowledge of refuse collection vehicles. – Desirable
· Knowledge of small plant, machinery and equipment. – Desirable
· Experienced in the inspection, repair and maintenance of all types of large and small commercial vehicles. – Essential
· Experience in the use of electronic diagnostic equipment. – Desirable
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a wider team. – Essential
· Conscientious and have a proactive and creative approach. – Essential
Salary: £29000 per annum