Langley Marish, Slough
£28,000 – £35,000/annum depends on experience
We are looking for An European Transport Manager for one of our prestigious client based in Slough.
To define and ensure understanding of the role and responsibilities of this position within the Company.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination, management and profitability of the European transport operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the export/import processes for road freight shipments
- Planning and coordinating transport routes and daily schedules for Europe for the fleet, ensuring that the transportation is cost efficient and profitable
- Ensuring effective management in arranging customer collections, packing services and deliveries
- Working with customers and office staff, planning routes and scheduling delivery times, co-ordinating the drivers, agency drivers and vehicles for work
- Co-ordinating with customs for clearance and managing customs entry exceptions
- Managing EU airfreight (ie DHL) and EU road courier shipments
- Discussing and resolving client/supplier problems and complaints
- Co-ordinating all aspects of shipping fine art and antiques from one destination to another
- Assessing clients individual needs on a daily basis – liaising with overseas agents, private collectors galleries, auction houses, artists, transport companies etc.
- Communicating with clients, guiding them through the process of shipping their art/artefacts from different locations
- Quoting and coordinating both domestic and international shipments
- Arranging customer collections and deliveries, which may also include the arranging of specialist packing services
- Preparing and processing all documentation and the booking of the chosen method of transportation
- Efficiently handling paperwork including bills of lading, labelling, timesheets and detailed condition reports with photos, customs clearance and advising the customer of any required payments due
- Invoicing: ensuring invoices are produced on time, month to month or in advance as the job file requires
- Preparing operational reports detailing all work done and comprehensive record keeping, including on our freight management system
- Produce a cost analysis and reports of jobs and European truck runs
- Communicating with sales and operations team throughout the day
- Provide administration assistance to sales team
- Provide assistance throughout the business as and when required
- Attend regular team meetings