We are recruiting for a Multi drop driver for our client in the Slough area.
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Hours: Full Time 40hrs a week; Variable, Monday-Friday (no weekends!)
Based: Delivering in and around Central, South London, KT and TW Postcodes
Holiday: Starting; 22 days plus 8 bank holidays
• Ensure that customer deliveries take place in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
• Exceed customer expectations by giving an exemplary and personalised service.
• Keeps accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensure all documentation is submitted to the Warehouse Supervisor on return.
• May have to lift heavy products or parcels
• Drives safely and follow all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
• Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive
• Communicates with sales office/customers by phone to update them of time of deliveries if there have been issues or changes to their estimated time of arrival
• Follows pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course
• Maintains communication with Warehouse Supervisor to be informed of any change of delivery, route or schedule
• Informs management of any sales opportunities or observations from customer premises
• Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time
Skills, experience and requirements
• The ability to start work early in the morning, from 6.30am (there’s no weekend work!).
• Full European category “B” driving license.
• Mature and professional driving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills relating to colleagues, customers and the public.
• Experience in customer service.
• Experience making multi drop deliveries.
• Basic vehicle maintenance skills at driver level.
• Basic IT skills.
• Competitive Salary
• Profit sharing after working a full financial year (Jan-Dec)
• Life Insurance 4x basic salary
• Contributory pension scheme.
• 22 day’s holiday per year increasing to 25 days after 5 years service.
• Full uniform.
• Cycle to work scheme, child care vouchers
|Job Category||Car Driver|