£40,000 – £48,000
Do you have a passion for Not for Profit and charities? Our prestigious client is looking to recruit an Audit Executive for its Not for Profit team at its London office. The ideal candidate will exhibit a genuine passion for charities and NFP audit work and will have previous experience in this field.
The key focus of this role is to complete audits in accordance with audit procedures, with assistance where required, for Manager review.
As Audit Executive your responsibilities will include:
• Producing a detailed audit planning memorandum, detailing any potential difficulties encountered on previous audits
• Allocate sections to junior staff, brief on what is expected of them and answer queries; supervise and check their work throughout the audit
• Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met
• Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review
• Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly
• Complete analysis of items for tax
• Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff giving detailed help and training as required, providing regular feedback and identifying training needs
To be considered for this role, you will the following criteria:
• Be ACA or ACCA, qualified with audit and accounts experience gained within practice
• Competent planning and completion skills
• Have strong IT skills; Sage, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit) and tax software
• Experience of the Not for Profit Sector would be preferable
• Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff
• Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be organised, client focused and commercially aware with demonstrable team building and problem-solving skills
In return for your skills and commitment, this Top 20 practice will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a genuine work/life balance and the opportunity to thrive and progress your career.