KT8, West Molesey, Surrey
£30,000/annum pro rata
Job Role: ACCOUNTANT
Our Client is one of the leading suppliers of heating & ventilation components in the UK.
Since the 1950’s they have been supplying innovative heating components & solutions to original equipment manufacturers, stockists & distributors in the heating oil & gas sectors. They now also supply a full range of domestic, commercial & industrial ventilation fans, components, controls & accessories. They offer their customers a free catalogue covering their entire range that is updated every 18 months, with a new product supplement released every 9 months.
Role Overview: –
Your responsibility will be to manage the financial function for the company. This will include daily processes for both creditor and debtor management, Trial Balance, working papers and Management account preparation and working alongside the General Manager to provide accurate cashflow forecasting. Work with all departments and functions to ensure the financial information retained is accurate and entered on to the Sage finance system in a timely manner to facilitate provision of required information when required.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Financial Accounting to include:
- Post Invoices
- Check Invoices
- Sales Ledger (Sales invoices/ debtors)
- Purchase Ledger (Purchase invoice/ creditors)
- Cask book (Bank reconciliation)
- Stock reconciliation and journa
Trial Balance Reconciliations and Working Paper Management to include:
- Journals (Accruals/ PPMT, etc)
- Expenses (analysis and processing)
- Intercompany recharges and Management Fees
- Fixed Assets
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation
Management Accounting to include:
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts
- Sage Reporting
- Variance analysis reporting
- Additional Sales and profit reporting
Cashflow Management to include:
- Debtor chasing
- Customer queries
- Sales order queries
- Customer returns queries
- Review aged debtors
- Review debtor accounts
- Debtor statements
- Supplier management
Banking to include:
- Payment processing
- Posting cash received and other payments
- Company Credit card management
Additional Finance to include:
- Payroll processing
- Payroll reconciliation
- Payroll journal
- Driving license check
- PAYE & NI
In addition to the above there will be other duties in relation to annual audit and audit preparation along with support in the preparation and presentation of annual budgets.
Skills and Experience
- Part or fully qualified AAT or equivalent desirable.
- Intermediate / Good IT skills
- Experience in balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience of working within an ERP system. Sage desirable
- Experience of cashflow reporting
- Experience of using a corporate banking portal. Lloyds preferable
- Experience in HMRC reporting. VAT and payroll etc.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Able to prioritise work-load for self in order to maximise output.
- Able to effectively regularly communicate with all key business stakeholders.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good time management skills and strong attention to detail.
Hours are flexible but would be Monday to Friday and around 9.00 – 15.00 with a half hour lunch
Salary would be pro-rata based on hours with the FTE salary set at £30,000
Initial interviews will be via Teams with a second interview on site with Group MD, Group FC.
This job description is a representation of general duties and responsibilities of the position and is liable to variation to reflect any future changes in the company’s requirements