Our Client one of UK’s largest provider in Laundry Services to the International Airlines, Cruise Ships and Ferries and Hotels in UK are looking for a Shift Engineer / Maintenance Operative
· To maintain site, plant and equipment through preventative, routine an emergency maintenance programmes across all local sites.
· Respond to plant ticket requests for plant repairs/maintenance
· Undertake routine planned preventative maintenance as director by Shift Manager/General Manager
· On a rota basis provide an emergency standby cover for the plant.
· Complete daily/weekly/monthly sheets for items such as electricity, gas, water, boiler as required
· Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Company Policies
· Ensure the procurement of adequate engineering spares/parts and ensure the effective management of engineering stocks. Maintenance of all plant and utility services
· Respond to and the timely completion of plant maintenance repair requests
· Achievement of planned and preventative maintenance schedule.
· Plant availability and the good working order of machines
· Response times to emergency call outs
· Timekeeping and Attendance at work
· Competence in numerical and verbal reasoning,
· Good GCSE stand of education or equivalent
· Good understanding of English written and spoken
Engineering maintenance experience in a rapid turnaround production environment involving people, equipment and materials, Industrial laundry or similar service experience would be a distinct advantage.
Hours: 40 per week (more if needed), 5 out of 7 days weekends/nights shifts involved