We are recruiting for an Audit Senior to join an award-winning Top 20 accountancy firm at its Northampton office, to carry out work across a range of sectors including Manufacturing and Engineering, Property and Construction, Not for Profit and Legal.
The role will be split approximately 80/20 audit/accounts.
As Audit Senior your responsibilities will include:
• Carry out audit planning work including producing a detailed audit planning memorandum and attend client sites to execute audits
• Liaise with the Audit Manager to highlight any issues that may arise and for review
• Prepare statutory accounts
• Ensure that audits are carried out in accordance with the firm’s procedures and standards, within given timeframes
• Complete analysis of items for tax
• Allocate work to junior team members; give supervision and guidance to assist their training
Please do apply for this role only if you satisfy the following criteria:
• ACA or ACCA qualified with demonstrable audit experience
• Previous and recent experience with a UK accountancy practice is essential
• Up to date knowledge of accounting standards
• Be organised, client focused and commercially aware
• Experience of supervising junior staff would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If successful you will be offered a competitive salary with an extensive benefits package, a supportive and friendly working environment along with the opportunity for career progression.