On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper to join the team of a well-established, boutique accountancy practice on the outskirts of Newbury. The firm requires someone with previous experience gained within a practice environment.
As Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper your responsibilities will include:
• Accounts preparation to trial balance, for monthly, quarterly and year-end accounts
• Preparation and input of period end accruals, prepayments and other journals
• Preparation and filing of VAT returns for clients under MTD
• Bookkeeping including reconciliations and control accounts
• Communicating and cooperating with clients and other team members to ensure that work is completed to a high standard, to deadlines
We welcome applications from candidates with the following skills, experience and attribute:
• Would suit an AAT qualified/part qualified or qualified by experience person
• Must have previous experience within a practice environment
• Happy to have client interaction
• Good IT skills; MS Office and accounting software experience, ie. IRIS, Sage, Kashflow, and various cloud-based packages – the firm uses IRIS for year-end accounts and tax
• Able to meet deadlines
• Ability to interpret and use the output from client’s accounting systems
• Excellent communication skills
This firm will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a supportive working environment and study support if desired.