Location: Ealing, Greater London
Salary/Rate: £35,000 – £45,000/annum negotiable depends on experience
Our Client is the largest manufacturer of Taste & Nutrition technologies and Functional Ingredients and Actives for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. They are looking to hire:
Multi- Skilled Engineers
- Respond to Breakdowns and carry out PPMs
- Carry out regular inspections and safety checks on equipment, building and services.
- Participate in problem solving activities. Electrical and mechanical process trouble shooting.
- Complete electro-mechanical repairs to high speed food processing, handling and packaging equipment.
- Supply technical support for the plant facilities & services including compressed air, steam, refrigeration and effluent plant.
- All repair requirements including services, buildings and grounds.
- Carry out tasks allocated by the Engineering Manager or Supervisor
- Inform Engineering Manager or Supervisor of any issue that cannot be resolved for more than half an hour
- Keep records
Engage with equipment and new technology to ensure the effective operation of the production and services equipment and the resolution of any problems.
- In the event of serious breakdowns, to use the current escalation procedure to notify necessary people.
- To work with the Process Team on new products and processes ensuring they are planned, implemented and reviewed so as to be seamlessly integrated into current processes.
- Partake and when relevant deliver technical training to the production team members with the emphasis being one-point lessons on the key pieces of equipment.
- Spare Parts: to log and record the usage of all spare parts.
Feedback all relevant technical information to production members and to other team members where relevant.
Health & Safety:
Ensure that engineering activity in engineering conforms to GMP standards and promotes a safe and healthy work environment through the continuous improvement of safety standards.
- To continually strive for 100% “Right First Time” by ensuring that the engineering activity in the VS conforms to quality standards, e.g. clean as you go, foreign body control, HACCP, contractor control etc.
Support the Quality Leader to maximise product safety, minimise product variability and process non-conformances, continually drive reductions in cpmu and listeria
- To work effectively with the Senior Technician ensuring all standards are maintained and issues are closed out in a timely manner.
To adopt a zero tolerance mentality towards our processes and hygiene quality non-compliances using the “root cause analysis” mind set
To ensure that engineering activity conforms to ISO14001 standard. To continually strive to reduce the impact that Engineering has on the environment through the reduction of resource (energy, water etc.) use and the reduction of waste generation
Specific Skill Requirement
Relevant third level engineering qualification or a time served apprenticeship in a high volume, highly automated manufacturing environment
HND or Degree in Engineering
Proven experience in a high volume, highly automated manufacturing environment
Specialisation in electro- mechanical, automation & control.
Excellent written and spoken English
An understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing.
An understanding of all the equipment within the production stream.
Salary Day Shift Engineer : £35k – £40k per annum
Night Shift Engineer – £40k – £45k per annum